UV Disinfection Service
Maid Sailors UV light cleaning service uses UVC light, the same used in hospitals and labs, as well as food, air, and water purification facilities. UVC light is proven to be 99.9% effective by disrupting the DNA of viruses and bacteria, rendering them inactivated and unable to reproduce. We use the most effective lamps available, designed to target COVID-19, allergens, bacteria, mold, and viruses on surfaces and in the air.
This is an extra service we offer, and it can be ordered as an extra with any of our other cleaning services.
Safe, Chemical-free, and Environmentally-friendly
Our UV disinfecting service uses germicidal lamps that are Ozone free, eco-friendly, and specifically designed for home disinfecting purposes. These lamps have been thoroughly tested for efficacy as well as safety in FDA and EPA certified ISO 17025 Standard laboratories located in the USA.
The Science and How It Works
Ultraviolet (UV) light is a form of electromagnetic radiation and a component of the electromagnetic spectrum with a wavelength range between 100 and 400 nm. This type of light is broken up into four separate regions, with Ultraviolet C, or UVC (200 nm to 280 nm), being used for disinfection.
In a study by the American Journal of Infection Control (AJIC), researched look at the use of UVC to kill large amounts of new coronavirus in a liquid culture environment. The results showed UVC light exposure inactivated the virus completed in 9 minutes. SARS-CoV-2 showed high susceptibility to UV radiation and the data confirmed that UVC light is effective in inactivating the virus.
In another AJIC study, UVC was able to successfully reduce the live coronavirus on laboratory surfaces by 99.7% in 30 seconds. The results of the study suggest ultraviolet light could be used for prevention and control against COVID-19 in both occupied and unoccupied spaces.
- Is UV-C light safe to use in my home?
- Yes, the UV-C light is safe when used properly. The lamp will be only be used in empty and closed rooms with a set timer and auto-shutoff motion sensors. Our disinfection lamps are eco-friendly and chemical and ozone-free. Our device is tested in the USA, FDA, and EPA-certified, and our cleaners are professional trained to operate them.
- How does the UV-C disinfect?
- UVC light is proven to be 99.9% effective by disrupting the DNA of viruses and bacteria, rendering them inactivated and unable to reproduce. The service designed to target SARS-CoV-2, allergens, bacteria, mold, and viruses on surfaces and in the air.
- How much of the room does the light disinfect?
- Our disinfection lamp reaches a 36 feet radius, disinfecting rooms as large as 1,000 square feet. As long as the light touches it, it will disinfect it. This includes surfaces and the air.
- If I am using the UV-C light, do I still need a cleaning?
- Yes. Although the disinfection service will inactive viruses and bacteria, it does not replace the actual cleaning.
- Does the light work on mold?
- Yes, UV-C light is will kill mold and other allergens. It will work for musty odors as well.
- If it is safe, why can't my pets or I be in the room?
- Like the sun, UV-C light at high doses can be harmful to the skin and eyes. It may cause red spots or eye irritation, but does not cause cancer or cataracts. We will take extra precautions with UV-C protective glasses used by the team.
- What do I do if the light touches my skin?
- There is a 5-meter motion detection sensor that will turn the lamp off. The light has an automatic shut-off mechanism and will shut off when the duration cycle is complete.
- Is UV-C safe for plants?
- The light is not safe to be used next to plants. We recommend covering up or moving the plants to another room during the service